Saturday, April 17, 2010

Grilled Asparagus with Tomato and Mozzarella Salad


This was an AMAZING meal! I absolutely loved it! Jay is gone for the week so I thought it was a great light meal to make when it was just me eating it! It would be a great appetizer to a meal or side salad to a yummy summer meal! :)

*I apologize ahead of time that my batteries died in my camera..so there is no final picture of the meal...but trust me...it was AMAZING!

I also halved the recipe just because it was only me eating it!

Ingredients:
2 bunches of asparagus
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
8 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Freshly ground black pepper


Arrange the asparagus in a microwave-safe dish, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave on high until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes. Brush asparagus with 1 tablespoon or the olive oil and set aside.


Toss tomatoes and mozzarella cheese in a large bowl with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, the parsley, lemon zest, and juice, red pepper flakes, and black pepper to taste.


Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Grill asparagus, turning occasionally, until tender and lightly charred, about 5 minutes. Cut asparagus in half crosswise and arrange the upper portions, spoke like, tips out, on a serving dish. Cut the lower portions into a 1/2 inch pieces and toss with the tomato and cheese mixture. Mound the salad in the center of the tips and serve.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment