Monday, February 22, 2010

Grilled Plum Salad with Aged Gouda and Pecans


This was a great smelling meal! I could not wait to eat it! Hope you feel the same! :)

Dressing Ingredients:
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar (I used red wine vinegar)
1 teaspoon honey (I added a little more!)
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil


Mix together the vinegar, honey, salt and black pepper in a large bowl. Slowly add in olive oil until all mixed together and then set to the side.

Salad Ingredients:
4 ripe plums (quartered, and de-pitted)
1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
3 cups torn escarole leaves
1 bunch watercress (about 3 cups)
4 ounces aged Gouda, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pecan halves, toasted
*I could not find escarole or watercress at my grocery store - so I used a Spring Mix


Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Brush the plums with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill the plums until slightly soft, about 1 minute. Cut the plums in half and mix with dressing - let sit for 15 minutes.


Before serving, toss greens with dressing and top with pecans and cheese.


Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Allison,

    That looks yummy. Is it good. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. We really liked it! :) Just make sure the plums are ripe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe my Allison is making and eating these things!!!!! You go girl. Jay is a lucky man to be enjoying this yummy food. I know how much he loves to cook and EAT!

    ReplyDelete